For more than 100 years, the HOFFMAN™ and LAMSON™ brands have been recognized around the world as the best providers in centrifugal blowers and exhausters. Hoffman & Lamson offers solutions for processes that require uniform pressure, pulse-free flow, and oil-free operation commonly found in air and gas, industrial processing, wastewater treatment, and other aeration applications.
Hoffman & Lamson’s comprehensive product line of multistage centrifugal blowers are broken into low, medium, and high flow capacity. Our models cover a broad performance range with capacities stretching from 80 to 41,000 CFM (130 to 70,000 m3/h) and present their own unique design features and characteristics. With models optimized for 60 and 50 Hz markets, we offer efficient performance backed by our unwavering commitment to innovation.
If your multistage blower needs to be repaired to once again reach the level of performance needed for operation, Hoffman & Lamson offers centrifugal blower parts through our global network of HOFFMAN & LAMSON Certified Service and Distribution Centers.
1. Multiple Baffle Rings - Guides airflow smoothly into the eye of the impeller, dramatically reducing inlet passage losses. When combined with the two-dimensional impeller design increases blower efficiency and pressure/vacuum capability.
2. Balance Piston - Negates axial force or sucks the rotor back off the bearings, increases rotor bearing life and minimizes leakage of compressed gas.
3. Multistage Shrouded Impellers - Two-dimensional shrouded cast aluminum impellers are balanced individually and keyed onto the shaft. On most blowers, the complete assembly is then balanced to achieve smooth operation with the lowest vibration levels in the industry. Rotor assemblies are designed to operate well below the first critical speeds for added reliability.
4. Flexible Coupling - Blowers and exhausters connect directly to the power source with a precision aligned flexible coupling. This optimizes power transfer and minimizes bearing loads for longer life.
5. Cast Housing - Blower housings are precision machined from high-grade cast iron. Smaller models are cast aluminum. The intermediate blower sections are assembled using high strength steel rods. The blower and its driver are mounted together on a single steel baseplate. This assures long-lasting performance and durability.
6. Labyrinth Seal - Minimizes leakage of gas throughout stages and stops airflow from reversing.
7. Carbon Ring Seal/MAXSeal (Mechanical Axial) - For special air and gas applications requiring superior sealing, optional carbon ring seals are available with purge option.
7A. MAX Seal -An innovation in dry seal technology that reduces fugitive emissions by up to 67% when compared to traditional seal options. Ideal for landfill gas and applications handling toxic and explosive gases. Improves the safety of your operation while extending bearing life and lowering the total cost of ownership.
Equipment is tested prior to reaching the customer or end-user. This ensures top quality and avoids unforeseeable issues or operational downtime. Therefore, upholding Hoffman & Lamson’s strong reputation as the global leader of engineered solutions and producing premier quality products efficiently and economically. There are over 100,000 HOFFMAN & LAMSON multistage centrifugal blowers and exhausters in operation worldwide.