Reporting: General Manager
Main Purpose of the Role:
Leads national sales team. Formulates sales strategy for assigned territory or products, Develops sales
forecast, budget and manpower plans. Supervises and trains distributors and/or sales force to achieve sales
targets. Pursues key prospects, negotiates and constructs appropriate terms of sales.
In formulating sales strategy, is responsible for up to $20 million in sales and directly to activities of Regional Sales Managers and Sales Representatives.
- Directs the sales activities in a manner to aggressively gain market share while meeting margin requirements. Manages the sales process through entire bid/quotation process to insure the product is properly scoped to the customer’s requirements, priced and the terms and conditions meet
- Develops accurate sales forecast for specific areas and markets. Designs and implements business plans to increase sales and improve margins by product and market segments. Creates comprehensive long range and strategic sales plans. Conducts competitive analysis on competitor’s products and sales strategies.
- Manages and develops the national/regional distribution network with the goal of continuously upgrading its’ effectiveness in the market place.
- Directs, motivates and trains the sales team on company products advantages, capabilities and competitive position in the market place while holding them accountable for pricing/margin requirements.
- Suggests and promotes the development of new products through direct communication with representatives and customers.
- Proactively engage with international team to leverage resources and learn new market segments to grow local business. Provide feedback to factory for product improvements.
- Direct and work with marketing team to drive demand and execute customer events.
Nature and Scope:
Strategic thinking, direct sales team management, sales channel management and development is critical to the success of this position. This position is responsible for managing direct sales team to generate sales demand, managing sales funnel, and sales forecast and ensure AR collection.
Submit your CV >
- 7+ years sales & marketing management experience in high-tech or industrial industry
- Proven track record and sound knowledge of professional B2B sales and marketing function in particular in industrial business
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and lead a group to consensus
- Equipped with a strong mindset of can-do attitude, result driven, analytical, creative, customer oriented
- Effective verbal, written, presentation and communication skills in English
- Marketing/Business/Engineering degree or equivalent
- Understanding of air compressor products and applications in industrial industry would be an advantage but not necessary
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and reporting
- Business travel required