Never in its long storied history has Gardner Denver been such an exciting company to be associated with, either as a customer or an employee. The reason for this is the Gardner Denver Way, an operating philosophy that guides our strategy and drives results.
Gardner Denver has combined its experience of acquiring and integrating complementary companies with improved organic growth and operational excellence, resulting from our LEAN efforts both in the manufacturing locations and in our offices throughout the world. Our engaged employees have helped drive waste out of our business processes, reducing costs and improving our velocity to better respond to our customers’ needs.
The Gardner Denver Way depends on the voice of our customers to drive our innovative products and services, resulting in industry awards in several different categories. As our shareholders see the value we bring our customers, we believe they will support us with the resources to fuel continued success.
Our triad of stakeholders – employees, customers and shareholders are prominent in our mission statement.
Mission Statement – Gardner Denver’s Mission is to be the leader in every market we serve by continuously improving all business processes with a focus on innovation and velocity to delight our customers, shareholders and employees while conducting ourselves with the highest of ethical standards.
Our Core Values
• Customers drive our behavior
• The Gardner Denver Way will be our culture
• Support a clean environment in the communities in which we operate
• Focus on growth both internally and externally
• Provide superior returns to our shareholders
• Superior human resources
• Highest of ethical standards
Our ABCs (Attributes, Behaviors and Competencies) - Gardner Denver is a results focused company that believes how results are achieved is as important as what is achieved. This is why we have established the following key attributes, behaviors and competencies we expect our employees to exhibit:
- Results Focused and Performance Driven - Committed to successfully meet or exceed goals while delivering high quality products and services. Steadfastly, pushes self and others for results. Shows initiative and exhibits a bias for urgency. Manages time effectively and concentrates efforts on the most important issues.
- Innovation and Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to analyze difficult problems and implement effective solutions. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answer. Sought out by others for advice and help with issues resolution. Uses LEAN principles to drive positive change and process improvement.
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills - Demonstrates solid writing, verbal and listening skills. Effective delivering formal presentations. Maintains composure in stressful situations. Ability to persuade and influence others while being open to feedback and different ideas. Values diversity and supports an inclusive culture while demonstrating local and global country and cultural awareness. Fosters teambuilding and interfaces effectively with others.
- Ethics and Compliance - Complies with the GD code of conduct and acts aligned with those values. Rewards the right values and disapproves others. Practices what he/she preaches. Respected as a direct, truthful individual. Keeps confidential information. Admits mistakes and does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Customer Focus and Commitment - Dedicated to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with the customer in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers to leverage the value-added partnership.
- Functional Skills - Demonstrates technical and professional expertise to perform the required job functions without supervision and direction. Exhibits learning agility to stay current with functional changes and advancements.
- Managing and Developing People - Sets challenging SMART goals and provides clear expectations for employees. Monitors process, progress and results. Motivates employees to take ownership for achieving quality results and provides real-time and truthful feedback about their performance. Improves bench strength through succession planning by constructing and promoting compelling development plans to be achieved. Knows how to build talent -- coaches and mentors future leaders by providing challenging tasks and assignments. Addresses underperformers and hires high potential talent. Always treats people with respect. Positively communicates change and involves employees in the change process. Attracts top performers to achieve the Gardner Denver vision.